November 23, 2005
Ten things I’m thankful for:
1. America’s women and men in uniform. May they come home safe and soon.
2. Family. Let us lift a glass to the generations, old and new.
3. Our new refugees and immigrants, who have joined us to share in the American dream. May we learn from them and appreciate the new perspectives they bring to our communities.
4. Susan McLane and Beverly Leo, who will be missing from their families’ Thanksgiving tables for the first time this year. Both lived exemplary public lives. May others pick up their torches.
5. The prosperity that has blessed Concord and New Hampshire for so many years. May our generosity swell to match it.
6. Our schools and our teachers. May we see them for the gift they are.
7. The woods, the mountains, the lakes, the streams. May we be their worthy stewards.
8. Books. Share one soon with someone you love.
9. Art and music. May we pause from our cares to let them lift us.
10. The plenty of our tables. To borrow a line from an old movie whose title I forget: Good food, good meat, s’getting late, let’s eat.
Those are my blessings. Feel free to add yours . . .
Posted by Mike Pride at November 23, 2005 08:31 AM
Holy Cow Mike, you actually posted 10 items that I agree with you on. If I may add my number 11 Blessing.
11. I am thankful for my God that sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins and gave us a way to get into heaven when we pass on.
Posted by: Eddie at December 4, 2005 06:24 AM